Saturday, September 12, 2009

I should eat a pear..but I want ice cream!

I constantly battle with myself over what to eat. I always have healthy choices available and I know what it takes to eat healthfully because I used to be really good at it. I try not to keep junk food in the house but even if I think I don't have anything bad in the cabinet, I'll find something, anything, that isn't good for me and devour it. Last week I remembered a pack of hershey bars leftover from s'more making that I had stashed way up on the top shelf so I couldn't see them. But, no, just eating a chocolate bar wasn't enough, I dipped the stupid thing in peanut butter and made little hershey chocolate/peanut butter sandwiches. And it was delicious.
I'm in no way close to being obese or anything but I know as the years go on, my metabolism will slow and if these horrible eating habits keep up, I'll be shopping the plus size racks in no time. Now's a good time to mention that I just recently started eating some fish and chicken after being a vegetarian for 10 years. So, now I can take advantage of fast food establishments, something I used to never be able to do (except for the occasional trip to Burger King, they have a veggie burger..) and that is very very dangerous. They're just so darn convenient and tasty! Ugh.. maybe I'll go eat a peach.. and then some ice cream.. life is short, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment