Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm an official member of the club..

I guess I am anyway, now that I've been to an official fertility center, had 14 vials of blood drawn and been probed by the internal ultrasound. Oh, and I have an HSG scheduled for next week (and I'm scared!)

It's probably a weird thing to say but I enjoyed my early morning at the fertility center despite the blood and the probing. I saw many other women in the waiting area and just knowing that they are going through what I'm going through made me feel a sense of camaraderie with them. No one was chatting but we all exchanged smiles when we passed one another (and there were no baby magazines or babies to be seen, the center has a 'no kids' policy, nice!) I almost started crying after I left because I felt relief to finally be on my way to becoming a real mom (and not a dog mom, which I enjoy being but people look at me weird when I tell them I have a furry kid, lol). I also felt relief to know what I always knew deep down but hadn't actually felt before..

I'm not alone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear it went well, and that you have such a positive attitude about it all. I hope they have a good plan for you after the testing and that it will work quickly!

    ReplyDelete