Monday, July 6, 2009

I plan to rip out my entire uterus/bladder...everything!

I have been up all night with a UTI that hit me like a ton of bricks *right* before I went to bed around 2am. I noticed I had been peeing a lot for most of the afternoon but sometimes I drink tons of water without realizing it so I figured that must be the problem. I mean, I haven't had a UTI in at least 4 years or so, after having a particularly nasty one I started taking more steps to prevent getting another. So, since 2am I've been drinking tons of water, I took painkillers, I even drank baking soda mixed with my water and I've gotten exactly 1 hour of sleep. Of course we don't have any 24 hour pharmacies around here or I would have been strolling in one at 2:15 am for some anagelsic. The closest one doesn't open until 8 so I'm trying to remain calm and not rip my urethra out. And I'm praying my doctor can get me in today. I am miserable and had blood in my urine (sorry if it's tmi) and that's freaking me out. The most fabulous part of all of this is I have a freakin' doctors appointment on WEDNESDAY to discuss my test results and right after I have to start my new job. I don't have time for this! Why couldn't this have happened during all those long months where I sat around and had no obligations whatsoever?!? And I've been so good about taking steps to prevent these things.. I drink tons of water, I stopped wearing thongs, I pee right after sex.. where did I go wrong? Now I'm going to start taking cranberry supplements too and continue to take them *forever.* UGH!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, that really sucks :-( Definitely take the cranberry pills. I used to get UTIs all the time in college and the pills helped me so much! I haven't had one since then ::knocks on wood::

    ReplyDelete