Saturday, November 21, 2009

People are so not helpful..

Dh and I have lived here for almost a year now.. and just last week we received a memo from our apartment complex asking for info on our dog for their records, not a big deal.. except I notice that on it is a "proof of town license" requirement. What the what??

Apparently, this is common practice up here, but in Florida, all we needed was a rabies certificate. I think this whole 'town license' business is just a way to get money, but whatever.. my point is, why didn't anyone tell us about this requirement?! Our apartment complex office knew we were moving from Florida, all of our references were in Florida so obviously that's where we've been living for years and years and since they seem to need proof of this town license, you'd think they would have told us to get one when we moved here. In January.

Then, there is the veterinary hospital, we went there in May for Brady's yearly check-up, they also knew we had just moved from Florida and that I was completely clueless about things up here (ticks and coyotes, oh my!) yet they never mentioned a town license..I just feel completely failed right now, is there anything else I should know before I accidentally walk out of my house on Zombie Day and am eaten because no one told me about Zombie Day?

2 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely a money scheme. I was shocked by the dog licensing fee, too. It's not zombie day you should worry about, but be sure to have garlic on hand for vampire day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this doesn't come off as mean, but I never knew that there is anywhere that doesn't require a dog license. So I wouldn't blame them for not telling you - if they have lived here forever like me, they wouldn't have any idea that you didn't know about it.

    ReplyDelete