Thursday, June 16, 2011

I have a confession...

My 10 year high school reunion is this year and it made me realize that I haven't been to a dentist in about the same amount of time.

Just admitting that makes me feel trashy and gross.. but I'm not, I swear! My teeth are in good shape, I brush/floss/mouthwash religiously, I don't have pain or bad breath or anything.

And I really have no good reason why I haven't gone to the dentist. I'm not scared of them, although I can think of about 5,000 things I'd rather do. I have good dental insurance, at least I think it is.. I just started putting off going and it snowballed from there and now I know I may have cavities and will have to have at least a deep cleaning when I go so I'm dreading/putting it off even more.

I used to go to the dentist all the time. My mom made me go when I was little and then when I got braces, I felt like someone always had their hand in my mouth. Then after my braces came off, I went because they always told me how nice my teeth were. After I went away to college, I didn't have my mom pushing me to go (and she hadn't been to a dentist herself in many years at that point so who was she to judge?) And now, well, here we are.

If given the chance, I would start injecting myself with meds tomorrow to start an IVF cycle. But the thought of going to the dentist tomorrow? Induces a panic attack. (I'm not going to the dentist tomorrow, this is hypothetical)

I am ridiculous, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment